Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:33:58 +0200

> When I have seen window being nil in edebug, the mouse-pointer was
> hovering over an Emacs window, AFAICT.  Unfortunately, the nil value
> is sporadic, I don't know how to induce it (when, as I believe was the
> case, the mouse-pointer is over an Emacs window).

The nil value comes from `mouse-position' and `window-at'.  Processing
these is not 100% reliable hence there's another condition-case around
them.  Hence it's not clear whether there really was no window or
`window-at' failed.

>>                                      In this case I continue
>>mouse-tracking until the mouse-pointer reenters a window (a similar
>>scenario applies when the mouse-pointer is over the scroll-bar).  In any
>>of these cases window selection shouldn't occur.
>

> Perhaps the mouse-pointer was indeed over the scroll-bar, or maybe the
> tool bar or menu bar, is it the same with these, too?  I will take
> another look at this.

I didn't care about the tool bar, it might cause troubles.  The menu bar
should not be part of any window.  I only handle scroll bar and popped
up menus (which could shadow part of a window).