Re: Would someone please install doc-view.el?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Would someone please install doc-view.el?
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:30:44 +0200

Johannes Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Johannes,

> However, I want to ask you if it is possible to change the bindings of
> doc-view-next-page and doc-view-previous-page.  They are somehow
> exchanged with scroll-up and scroll-down, at least I tried the keys
> the other way round intuitively.

Why?  C-v/M-v is scroll-up/scroll-down almost everywhere in emacs, so I
think it's the right thing to bind them in doc-view.el accordingly.

> What do you think of
>
> C-v for scroll-down-or-next-page
> M-v for scroll-up-or-previous-page

These functions don't exist, you probably mean
`doc-view-scroll-up-or-next-page' and
`doc-view-scroll-down-or-previous-page'.  These are bound to SPC and DEL
because that's the same binding other pdf viewers like xpdf use.

> C-n for next-line (bound by default)
> C-p for previous-line (bound by default)

Ok, for those I agree.

Here's a changed version.

Bye,
Tassilo