Interactive specs of C functions.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Interactive specs of C functions.
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:58:00 +0200

In the thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/44339 (starting
with <address@hidden>) we discussed ways to add interactive
specs to a C function.

Kim F. Storm proposed good-looking solutions, but they were discarded
because the specs were specified in another file, or something like
that.  It wasn't clear if it really was a bad idea (in fact, I liked
it ;-)) but AFAICS, the problem is still there.

The last patch he proposed was in <address@hidden>
(but this one accepts that two aliases have different interactive specs,
and RMS didn't like that.)

The starting point of this thread was to turn set-file-modes interactive
so that it can call an annex Lisp function to translate "a+rx"
to... well, numeric.

Can we think about that now?

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Si j'étais sous-secrétaire d'État     |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    aux choux farcis, vous entendriez   |