Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:53:58 -0400

    I started to study the glyph related codes, and ran into the
    function create-glyph (disp-table.el).  It is a strange
    function,q and I don't understand how to utilize it.  Could
    someone please explain it?

This is meant for text terminals.  The idea is that you know
a sequence to send to the terminal to display a certain glyph.
You call create-glyph to allocate a glyph code to represent that
glyph.  Redisplay will display that glyph by sending the sequence.

Does that clear it up?