RE: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:07:25 -0700

>     Why not? We're talking about the _possibility_ of adding a
>     graphic, not the obligation to do so.
>
> I have rejected this path for Emacs development.
> The decision is made.
>
> Would people please stop arguing about it.

For the record -

That was written _before_ you "rejected this path". The only thing you had
written previous to that was the following, which hardly closes the topic.
On the contrary, it opens the door to discussion, asking if this is
something we should do and if there are clean ways to "make it possible".