Re: ";0c" in terminal with slow connections

From: Vincent Lefevre
Subject: Re: ";0c" in terminal with slow connections
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 10:21:05 +0200

On 2007-09-07 07:13:46 -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> The reason is to enable the modifyOtherKeys feature in new enough
> xterms. With that feature enabled key combinations C-. C-,
> and other keys that are normally not usable in a terminal generate
> distinct keys and emacs can bind them. Only newer versions of xterm
> can do this and AFAIK no other terminal emulators that set TERM to
> xterm can do it.
>
> If we just send the escape sequence to enable modifyOtherKeys on a
> terminal that does not support it, the escape sequence will appear as
> junk on the screen.

Why not let the user configure his xterm the way he likes?

If you enable modifyOtherKeys, won't the configuration change
for other applications running in xterm?

What if the user has set up VT100 translations corresponding
to C-. C-, and so on?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <address@hidden> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>