Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 08:32:38 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  > I've just built the current CVS HEAD on MS-Windows, and immediately
  > saw two problems:
  >
  >   . emacsclient is incompatible with Emacs 22.1's server: it causes
  >     Emacs 22.1 to spew all kinds of weirdo error messages; here are a
  >     few examples:
  >
  >      File no longer exists: -env, write buffer to file? (y or n)
  >      File no longer exists: -file, write buffer to file? (y or n)
  >      File no longer exists: -dir, write buffer to file? (y or n)
  >      Use M-x make-directory RET RET to create the directory and its parents
[3 times]
  >      error in process filter: basic-save-buffer-2:
d:/gnu/emacs/windir=C:/USERPROFILE=C:/Documents and
Settings/TMPDIR=D:/usr/TMP=C:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/TEMP=C:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/SystemRoot=C:/:
 no such directory

  >     Is this incompatibility an absolute must?

I think so, the communication between the emacsclient and emacs is
more complex now, more stuff is sent over the wire.

  >   . "emacs -nw" crashes on startup; backtrace attached below.

This is a known problem, Jason Rumney stated that this does not work
in his message announcing that multi-tty was ported to Windows.
Can you please help fixing it?