Need for a Emacs regression test suite

From: dhruva
Subject: Need for a Emacs regression test suite
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 23:21:54 +0530

Hi,
 The various changes getting into Emacs and number of things breaking
sporadically, IMO we need to have a regression suite. A collection
batch mode scripts and macros to test the GUI invocation.
 It will take time to build it but would be useful. We can catch
issues during big merges much earlier in the cycle.
 We could start small and build up the suite. What does the core team feel?

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!