Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 12:19:50 -0700

while we  think of project specific settings, it would also be
nice to see if we could create the ability to export a set of
related options from custom.

The new custom-themes support is nice, but it's still difficult
to do the following:

0) once you have customized a complex package, say JDEE or org,
   it's difficult to export out   settings for just that package
   into a theme that you might then take to another machine.

2) With the custom file getting large, it's increasingly creating
a single point of failure,
  and I've also noticed that once in a while some settings get
  inexplicably lost.

As we do project specific settings, it would be really nice  to
be first able to refactor a large custom file into a set of
package-specific files,
this will make tracking down sources of multiple settings much easier.