Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:36:54 +0300

>     The text-only no-mouse about screen says:
>     "To follow a link, click Mouse-1 on it, or move to it and type RET."
>     I think we should delete text "click Mouse-1 on it".
>
> I don't think it makes any difference.  If you can't click, it tells
> you the other method.  But I don't object to making this change.
> Please do it if you wish.

I think we should remove the text:

"To follow a link, click Mouse-1 on it, or move to it and type RET."

It is useless.  Most users already know how to follow a link, because
everybody uses Web browsers nowadays.  And this text wastes two valuable
lines on the About screen.

Instead of this, I propose adding a help-echo property to every link,
which says what this link does.  This is especially useful when the link
leads to some URL.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/