Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:35:35 +0300

> CONTRIBUTE seems to belong properly in etc; that's logical.
>
> maintain.texi says that AUTHORS should be "in the source directory".
> Emacs has several of those, so I guess etc is ok.
>
> So please move the two files.

Done.

I also renamed `inhibit-splash-screen' to `inhibit-startup-screen',
(with keeping an alias), because this is more correct variable name.

Also I moved Emacs version information to the beginning of the fancy
About screen, exactly as you've done already for the normal About screen.
So now fancy About screen and normal About screen have the same layout.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/