Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Chris Moore
Subject: Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 20:34:16 +0200

On 9/9/07, Chris Moore <address@hidden> wrote:
My .emacs says:

(custom-set-faces '(mode-line ((nil (:background "yellow")))))
(custom-set-variables '(default-frame-alist '((font . "10x20"))))

but the mode line isn't yellow.

If I remove the 2nd line, the mode line is yellow.

Setting the font shouldn't stop me setting the mode-line face, should it?

This was working fine until a day or two ago, in CVS trunk.

I was a little hasty there - I just switched from GNOME to XFCE4 and my .emacs is working again.  I hardly ever use GNOME, so maybe this hasn't changed in the last few days at all.

Evaluating the (custom-set-faces ...) s-_expression_ once inside Emacs does set the mode-line to yellow in GNOME.  It just doesn't work from .emacs if I have the other line in my .emacs as well.