Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:04:41 +0900

> Could someone please let me know about the current status of
> font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

> Has it already been implemented and working well?  If so, I'd like
> to go ahead and delete old font handling codes, improve fontset
> related code so that it works better with the font backend
> mechanism.

AFAIK, no work has been done for the Mac Carbon port.  But that should
not prevent the unicode-2 branch from going forward; the Carbon port
in the trunk is already not functioning after the multi-tty merge, and
might be replaced with the Cocoa/GNUstep port that has font-backend
support.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden