Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:35:48 -0700

  > The really bad problem is that lots of functions (in xterm.c, for
  > instance) have no comments.  I don't know what they are supposed to
  > do.

There must be some confusion here that it would be good if you could
clarify: multi-tty only added 2 new functions to xterm.c. Only one of
which does not have comments: x_create_terminal. But I doubt there can
be any misunderstanding of what that function does. I added some
comments to it, I'll commit it soon.

Looking that the multi-tty diff for that file, most of the changes are
because of adding another level of indirection, and using some new
macros, not much new code added, and for the added code the comments
added seem on par with what was there before.

Or maybe you are referring to term.c, not xterm.c?
2 new functions there don't have much comments: set_tty_hooks and
clear_tty_hooks, but they are pretty simple: what used to be global
variables in term.c are now fields in struct terminal, those 2
functions set/reset those fields. I'll add some comments.

There's a boatload of functions in term.c that don't have much
comments, most of them are called tty_*. Maybe that is what you are
referring to?
The multi-tty patch renamed a lot of those functions, to start with
"tty_", but it did not introduce them. Some of these functions have
been around for at least 16 years, so I don't think you'd want
multi-tty to document them. Anyway reverting the multi-tty patch as
you said in another message will not help with that.