Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:14:18 +0530

Hi,

On 9/10/07, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> multi-tty to document them. Anyway reverting the multi-tty patch as
> you said in another message will not help with that.

IMHO, the best way forward is that someone with best knowledge of
multi-tty as on today actively involved (maybe Dan) make a short write
up on the files modified and some top level functions that need to be
explored in depth. If possible, platform specific functions that need
special attention or porting. This document could be just a seed at
first cut and can evolve as more developers find out during exploring
the code.
 Though I do not have any GUI/rendering related programming, I can
start exploring as a learning experience. What do people say for this
approach?
>From a programmer's ego (I know should not be there), reverting the
multi-tty patch will send wrong signals about the abilities. It is
just a temporary phase of turbulence, we just need to sail past. I am
sure more complex issues were fixed. If nothing else, we will try to
disable parts which break the features on some platforms (ex: M$)
inside some MACRO and add the same in TODO. We can take a second sweep
and fix them. We will know the code better in the process.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!