Re: display-buffer-change

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: display-buffer-change
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:00:58 +0200

> Having a fixed size is not important for me.  The most important
> property for me is that it remains being fixed at the bottom of the
> frame.  This seemed to hold in Emacs 21, which made me happy. But it
> might have been unintended.
>

>>>3 - we have window-size-fixed for that.
>>
>>David: Could you set that for the buffer of your window B and look
>>whether it gives good results.
>

> No, it gives me an error: "Attempt to split fixed-size window".
>
> I think the (short) instructions at the top should be enough for you
> to reproduce it as well.

Well I thought together with something like

(setq split-height-threshold 5)

Anyway, this violates the doc-string of `window-size-fixed'

 Emacs won't change the size of any window displaying that buffer,
 unless you explicitly change the size, or Emacs has no other choice.

and I just noted a similar "Window is not resizable" bug with
`temp-buffer-resize-mode'.