Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:13:30 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > Could someone please let me know about the current status of
> > font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
> >

> It has been implemented on Windows, and is working with one very obvious
> bug when anti-aliasing is enabled - the background is not erased often
> enough, leading to overstrike effects when redisplay occurs.

I've just installed the latest emacs-unicode-2 code on
Windows XP with --enable-font-backend.  Do you have a recipe
for reproducing the problem above?

By the way, one strange thing is that all Japanese
characters are displayed by 90-degree turned.  C-u C-x =
tells that the font "@ms ui gothic" is used.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden