Re: Interactive specs of C functions.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Interactive specs of C functions.
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:05:33 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>
>   > ** set-file-modes is now interactive and can take the mode value in
>   > symbolic notation thanks to auxiliary functions.
>
> This is great!

Isn't it? :-) Wow, this patch concludes my very first post in
emacs.devel :-)

> Can you please add handling of the 'X' format?

  $ touch /dd/test && chmod 100 /dd/test && la /dd/test
---x------ 1 micha micha 0 2007-09-10 16:57 /dd/test

  M-x set-file-modes RET /dd/test RET o+X

  $ la /dd/test
---x-----x 1 micha micha 0 2007-09-10 16:57 /dd/test

In which case is it ignored?

> And so is "-R"

The (info "(coreutils)Symbolic Modes") node doesn't know about that.  Do
you mean the recursive feature of chmod?  In which case, I don't think
it really is the job of `set-file-modes' to handle this.  Maybe it could
be a feature of dired.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |       One user is enough.              |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    People suck.                        |