RE: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:09:11 -0700

>     I think we anyway need some backward imcompatible change,
>     and require rewriting of old codes that utilize glyph-table.
>     And, if so, it seems that deleting glyph-table (and
>     create-glyph) is the easiet solution.
>
> It is surely the easiest.  The question is whether the glyph table
> feature is still useful.
>
> Based on Stefan's info, I think we can delete it.  Thanks, Stefan, for
> investigating.

I haven't followed all of this. I grepped my code for glyph-table and
create-glyph, and I don't use them.

However, I do use what is essentially Kim's `make-glyph-code' (which I
thought was going to be added to Emacs for version 23), so I hope glyphs are
not being removed altogether. (I use `make-glyph-code' to provide
replacement text for "^L" for inserted form-feed chars.)