Re: Start emacs without opening a window (X11)

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Start emacs without opening a window (X11)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:40:38 +0200

Sebastian Kaps <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a possibility to start Emacs without opening a window?
> I want to start the Emacs server from my .emacs and then use only
> emacsclient to pop up a new window.
> XEmacs knows an option "-unmapped" which does exactly what I want, but I
> haven't found anything similar in Emacs.

It seems that there's no other way than to launch emacs -nw in a
screen(1) and forget about it.  Since Emacs has become a true server, it
may be a good idea to had a `-daemon' option or something like that.

Any opinion?

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |       One user is enough.              |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    People suck.                        |