Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:00:26 -0700

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > Hi Dan,
  >
  > >   > First, here's a simpler command line to reproduce my problem:
  > >   >
  > >   >   emacs -nw -f server-start
  > >
  > > Can you please first try this with "emacs -q -nw -f server-start" ?
  >
  > Yes, it doesn't make a difference and -Q doesn't, too.  Here's what I
  > did:
  >
  > 1. Start the server within gdb
  >
  >    $ gdb /usr/bin/emacs
  >    (gdb) run -q -nw -f server-start
  >
  > 2. Connect with a X11 client
  >
  >    $ emacsclient
  >
  > 3. Close the frame with
  >
  >    C-x 5 0
  >
  > it doesn't vanish but it won't be repainted anymore.

I can reproduce this with an emacs build with gtk (version
gtk2-2.8.20) but not with emacs build with the Lucid toolkit (my
default build).

In the Lucid build the frame is deleted when stepping over this call:

 (*terminal->delete_terminal_hook) (terminal);

So my guess is that the Gtk version of x_delete_terminal does not do
the right thing...