Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:53:02 -0400

On 9/13/07, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I confirmed that bug, and found that the problem is not
> > specific to Windows port.  As there were comments paying
> > attention to anti-aliased drawing in xdisp.c, I didn't
> > change code for handling overlapping when I committed
> > font-backend codes, but I just found that there is a
> > fundamental bug.  I'm now investigating how to fix it.
>
> I've just installed fixes for X Window.  Could you please
> fix w32term.c and w32font.c by the same way as done in
> xterm.c and xftfont.c (the diffs are attached)?
>
> Adrian, I think your Cocoa port needs the similar fix,
> doesn't it?

I assume it does, however I can't replicate the error as described
because dragging windows from other apps over emacs does not cause
redraws under my port.  (Did I understand the symptom report
correctly?)  I guess something else causing a redraw could work:
Moving cursor over?  Dragging mouse selection over?

thanks,
Adrian