Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:23:26 +0100

Adrian Robert wrote:
> I assume it does, however I can't replicate the error as described
> because dragging windows from other apps over emacs does not cause
> redraws under my port.  (Did I understand the symptom report
> correctly?)  I guess something else causing a redraw could work:
> Moving cursor over?  Dragging mouse selection over?

The problem only appears after certain kinds of redraws, neither of
those produces the symptoms on Windows. Dragging the Emacs window down
until some of it is off the bottom of the screen, then dragging it back
up again produces the symptoms, but I think it goes through the same
code path, which may also not require a redraw on OSX.