Re: diff-mode doesn't like "-c0" or "-u0" diff output for single-line ch

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: diff-mode doesn't like "-c0" or "-u0" diff output for single-line changes
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:06:14 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > Thanks.  But I still wonder: why would anybody use "-c0" or "-u0"?

For ChangeLogs, which rarely apply if they have any context.  The
unidiff format is preferred by XEmacs because it provides the headers
which identify the ChangeLog exactly.  I don't think it hurts that all
patches are in the same format.

Not a big deal, but since it's trivial to do, why not?

 > If you don't want context, then you're better off with the plain or `ed'
 > diff formats, no?

If you remember how to read them. :-)  I only ever see those in patch
.rej files.