Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:27:22 +0200

dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 9/14/07, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You can check out a copy of the repository like this:
>
> I have been using it for sometime and hooked to it. Thank you all the
> efforts you have put in to get Emacs on GIT. GIT supports a CVS server
> enabling CVS clients to access the GIT repository. Could this be a
> possible transition plan.

Yes, it is possible.
However, currently I would not want to allow commit access
through the git cvsserver emulation.  IMHO, it is not mature enough.

Within the next few days, I expect to set up for (read-only) cvs pserver
access to the gnulib git mirror.  If that goes well, we'll soon switch
primary upstream development from cvs to git.

If all goes well there, it should be easy to do the same for emacs.