Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:45:01 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am afraid that this is not feasible in the current state of affairs:
>> as long as all multi-tty material in the current trunk is only tracked
>> and blamed to a point where Miles was synching rather than the
>> original checkin, one can't seriously work with it.  Presumably the
>> information loss is not yet there in the arch repository from Miles,
>> so one needs to either make cvsps understand the arch information
>> present in CVS ChangeLog entries, or import from arch rather than CVS.
>
> I have created an alternate GIT tree that is converted with a modified
> version of git-cvsimport.  You can have a look at it at
> <http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/schwab/emacs/emacs.git>.  One advantage
> of this tree is that it contains some merge information gathered from
> the arch logs, and I have also corrected some author information.  If it
> turned out to be useful I can provide the script and authors file I have
> used.

address@hidden:/rep/git-andreas$ git clone
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/schwab/emacs/emacs.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /rep/git-andreas/emacs/.git/
cat: /rep/git-andreas/emacs/.git/refs/remotes/origin/master: No such file or
directory
cd: 460: can't cd to /rep/git-andreas/emacs/.git/refs/remotes/origin
fatal: : not a valid SHA1
fatal: Not a valid object name HEAD
address@hidden:/rep/git-andreas$

--