Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:09:10 -0400

    Indeed.  On the 13th of May, Miles imported just the current state and
    none of the history in the multi-tty arch repository into his arch
    repository.

I can't make sense of all these nested messages.  It looks like
something was done wrong, and that history is missing from the CVS
repository where it ought to be.  But I cannot tell which parts
of the history are missing, or where they are missing from.

Can someone please post a self-contained full description of this problem?
What is missing, and where should it have been?

   We could presumably fix this in git by importing the upstream
    multi-tty arch repository into git as a separate branch starting from
    the branch-off point of multi-tty, then make this the branch parent
    rather than Miles import.  Something like that.

What about fixing this in CVS?