Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:56:28 +0200

>     Again: it is not our task to punish users whose habits don't match
>     ours.
>
> I agree, and we are not trying to do so.

We certainly are.  If we create behavior _particularly_ for the case
where a user's habit does not match the prescription (namely when he
dares starting Emacs with a file name) that we know to be annoying in
this case, then we _are_ punishing his habits quite deliberately.  And
the "it's for his own good" excuse does not fly when alternatives for
bringing the same information across are not even considered because
"it's his own fault to start Emacs in the wrong way".