Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:07:01 -0400

    We certainly are.  If we create behavior _particularly_ for the case
    where a user's habit does not match the prescription (namely when he
    dares starting Emacs with a file name) that we know to be annoying in
    this case, then we _are_ punishing his habits quite deliberately.

We are deliberately making sure that those people too will see the
splash screen.

      And
    the "it's for his own good" excuse

We don't say it is for his own good.  That must be a misunderstanding.

                                       does not fly when alternatives for
    bringing the same information across are not even considered because
    "it's his own fault to start Emacs in the wrong way".

I never said it was his "fault".

You seem to be distorting my words to make me look bad.  It is not
much use to discuss the matter with you if you do that.