Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:29:57 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > Which part of comment do you mean?
> >

>   /* Perform the size computation of glyphs of FONT and fillin members
>      of METRICS.  The glyphs are specified by their glyph codes in
>      CODE (length NGLYPHS).  */

> It is clear from that comment that multiple glyphs can be passed to that
> function, but it is not clear that metrics is a single struct. I
> originally implemented it as if metrics was an array of length nglyphs,
> but the implementation in xftfont.c seems to suggest a single struct.

Ah, I see.  How about this?

  /* Computate the total metrics of the NGLYPHS glyphs specified by
     the font FONT and the sequence of glyph codes CODE, and store the
     result in METRICS.  */

> > ??? text_extents should always be called with non-NULL
> > metrics arg.

> font.c:1948 nglyphs=1, metrics=NULL
> font.c:3726 nglyphs=i, metrics=NULL

Ah, both of them are in experimental codes, not yet used
actually.  I have not yet decided the precise plan for them.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden