Re: doc ChangeLogs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: doc ChangeLogs
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:39:06 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I created new ChangeLogs in doc/man and doc/misc when these
>     directories were made. Now I'm thinking these, together with the one
>     in doc/misc, should be combined into a single doc/ChangeLog.
>     lispintro and lispref would still have separate logs. Opinions?
>
> Please keep them subdivided.  That will make them more useful.

Are you sure? The doc/man/ChangeLog will always be tiny, since we
almost never update the man pages. The doc/emacs and doc/misc
ChangeLogs were one file (man/ChangeLog) until the file move. To find
the history for doc/misc before the move, you have to look in
doc/emacs (since that's where man/ChangeLog ended up).