RE: something like linum.el ought to be added

From: brianjiang
Subject: RE: something like linum.el ought to be added
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:12:36 +0800

sometimes we can use outline- or hs- and others functions to hide a lot of
lines.  it seems linum mode create/move overlays for every line between
window-start and window-end. So even the line is already hide, linum still
create/move overlay for it. If there are many line hiden within the window, it
will consume a lot of memory, also impact the performance/efficience of the
linum mode.  Is it possible to avoid the create linum overly for the invisible
line?