Re: un-deprecating CL

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: un-deprecating CL
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:58:22 +0200

>     dotimes declare
>
> `dotimes' is already supported.
>
> How is CL `declare' useful in Emacs Lisp?

The above was in response to Joe Wells' remark

>> I suppose also someone should check whether the definitions in CL of
>> these are the same as the non-CL Emacs definitions (and if so delete
>> the ones in CL, otherwise somehow merge the functionality):
>>
>>   pop push dolist caar cadr cdar cddr

All these (as well as `dotimes' and `declare') create the following
problem: When I eval a buffer containing an

(eval-when-compile (require 'cl) ...)

and subsequently invoke C-h f on one of these macros, I'm told that they
are Lisp macros in cl-macs.elc or cl.elc.  This is annoying because
their doc-strings may differ frequently - the cl-macs.el version of
`declare' doesn't have a doc-string at all.  Obviously, `find-function'
will get me to the cl-macs.el/cl.el versions as well.