Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:24:42 -0400

    Why should X resources take precedence over user face customizations?

I did not distinguish enough cases.  I was thinking of face
customizations saved in .emacs.  It makes sense for X resources which
you set up in a session to take precedence over those, because the
latter are semipermanent.

However, X resources can also be meant as semipermanent, and user face
customization can be done within a session.  Thus, either ordering
can be wrong.

    It seems swapping the two would make a lot more sense (by removing the
    inconsistency being discussed and by giving precedence by customization made
    "the Emacs way" over customizations made in some more system-wide style, as
    is usually the tradition in Emacs).

It is starting to seem like the best course of action.