Re: 23.0.50; Tramp blocks Emacs when unconnected to server

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Tramp blocks Emacs when unconnected to server
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:46:52 +0200

"Martin Lüthi" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo Michael

Hi,

> I started Emacs with the -q option and set debug-on-quit to t. Then I
> loaded a remote file, unplugged the network cable, and Emacs hangs on
> any edit of the buffer, and also when I try to kill the buffer. Looks
> like the "modification time" checks below are to blame.

Has the buffer been saved before unplugging the cable (you said this
in your initial posting)? Locally, when I call kill-buffer on a saved
buffer, verify-visited-file-modtime isn't invoked.

Could you, please, provide also the full backtrace? The one you've
sent starts with

tramp-file-name-handler(verify-visited-file-modtime #<buffer visco3d.C>)

But I would need to know where it has been called from.

> Best, Martin

Best regards, Michael.