Re: un-deprecating CL

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: un-deprecating CL
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:59:30 +0200

>     some every notany
>     remove-if delete-if
>
> Those are useful operations, and I would like to add facilities to do
> them.  However, I don't like the CL functions because of their CL
> style keyword argument, which I feel conflicts with the spirit of
> Emacs Lisp.

FWIW, some, every, notany (and notevery) don't use keyword arguments.

Here are a few other things

  * Make `=', `/=', `<', '<=' etc take a &rest argument (they do in
    XEmacs). "The value of < is true if the numbers are in monotonically
    increasing order; otherwise it is false." This is actually useful.

  * Make mapcar take a &rest arg (i.e it should do what mapcar* does
    now).

--
Johan Bockgård