Implementing something like codenavigation in slickedit

From: TheLonelyStar
Subject: Implementing something like codenavigation in slickedit
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:46:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I saw this:
http://www.slickedit.com/demo/high/CodeNavigation/CodeNavigation.html
and thought: I need something like this!
My Idea: By some keystroke, the current position is remembered. By some
other keystroke the position gets restored. Like this:

(defun codenav-remember-pos ()
  "Remember the current position"
  (setq codenav-buffer (current-buffer))
  (setq codenav-position (point)))

(defun codenav-restore-pos ()
  "Restore the position"
  (switch-to-buffer codenav-buffer)
  (goto-char codenav-position))

Problem: If I am editing the same buffer as the stored position, it is not
restored correct because the "point" has changed.
Have got an Idea on how to do this?

Thanks
Nathan

PS: If something like this already exits (I have found none), I also would
be interested.