RE: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:08:21 -0700

> However, if we always give face customization precedence over
> X resources, then we don't need to disinguish GNOME's X resources
> from other X resources.

I don't have an opinion about this, and I'm usually on Windows, which has no
X resources.

It sounded logical to me when I read that customization should take
precedence over X resources. However, it just occurred to me that it might
also be useful for it to be the other way around.

A user might have the same `custom-file' on different platforms, and
different X resources for various platforms would then modulate the
behavior, if they took precedence over the `custom-file' settings.
Otherwise, to get the same effect, the user would need different
`custom-file's.

Just a thought.