Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:43:10 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:
> It sounded logical to me when I read that customization should take
> precedence over X resources. However, it just occurred to me that it might
> also be useful for it to be the other way around.

As useful as it might sound, customization within Emacs should always
take priority over the external environment. I am surprised that it is
not that way already. Perhaps the parsing of Xresources needs to be
moved earlier in the startup sequence (after site-start.el would be OK,
but it should certainly be before .emacs)