Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:05:01 +0200

Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> If you guys are happy with Andreas' tree, let me know.
>>> Then I'll put it on savannah and use it as a basis when
>>> sync'ing every 30-40min.
>>
>> I have used it just a bit up to now, but I very much liked what I saw.
>
> Ok.  If no one objects soon, I'll switch.

I've just copied Andreas' tree and sync'd the last few days
worth of deltas into it.  FWIW, after running git-cvsimport,
my push to the public repo took a *lot* of CPU cycles.
I didn't time it, but I think it was over 15 minutes worth,
maybe even 25 or 30.

Of course, refs have changed, so you might want to start afresh:

    git-clone --reference emacs/.git --no-hardlinks \
      git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs emacs-new

That command creates a sibling hierarchy, emacs-new/,
assuming you have an existing emacs/.git, reusing what
bits it can, to save network bandwidth.