Re: accept more version names in file-name-sans-versions

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: accept more version names in file-name-sans-versions
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:20:40 -0700

  >     Now if you are checking out revision EMACS_22_BASE it still does not
  >     work. :-)
  >
  > Could you please send me a *precise* test case for this bug?  The test
  > case should start with `emacs -q', so that your .emacs file does not
  > affect it, and it should show exactly what text to put in the buffer,
  > what commands to execute, and how and where to click.  Also please say
  > exactly what incorrect results you get.

The problem is fixed now on the EMACS_22_BASE branch, it will
propagate to the trunk whenever Miles restarts his merging.

There was a precise description in the original message, it was using
git.  Here's one using CVS:

emacs -q
C-x C-f emacs/lisp/subr.el RET
C-u C-x v ~ EMACS_22_BASE RET

Before the fix the resulting buffer subr.el.~EMACS_22_BASE~ was not
put in emacs-lisp-mode, but in fundamental-mode.