Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:24:42 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:01:42 +0300
>
> However, when pop-up-frames is non-nil, it would be very annoying to
> insist on creating a separate frame.  For instance, I use the full-screen
> single frame configuration which doesn't work with a separate startup frame.

You forget that you are not the target of this feature.  Those who are
probably won't customize pop-up-frames without also customizing away
the splash screen.

As for other technical arguments against the separate frame: we have
enough means in Emacs, I think, to force the splash screen to the
foreground.

Also, most other programs that display splash screen do that in a
separate frame.  I don't see why can't we.