Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:22:02 +0300

> You went a little too far.  Starting Emacs on a tty with no arguments
> SHOULD show the startup screen.

Yes, this is exactly as it already works now: starting Emacs on a tty
with no arguments shows the startup screen.  I don't understand why this
doesn't work for you.

>     This required to change the echo area startup message from
>
>     For information about the GNU system and GNU/Linux, type C-h C-p.

>     For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
>
> Please change that back.

I'm surprised that you don't want to direct users to the About screen
that provides more information about Emacs, GNU/Linux and the GNU system.
Or perhaps I misunderstood you and really you want to change only text back
to the old text but with a new keybinding that displays the About screen:

For information about the GNU system and GNU/Linux, type C-h C-a.
                                                         =======

Please confirm is it what you want?

--
Juri Linkov