Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:48:00 +0530

Hi,

On 9/23/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> might be able to close and reopen consoles, which might be a good
> implementation of suspend/resume, but if the user can see both consoles,

Another (not tried out) approach for suspend/resume:

For suspend: Walk through all the threads in the running emacs process
and suspend each thread.
For resume: Need a separate process to create a remote thread in emacs
process (CreateRemoteThread API) and that thread can resume all other
threads in Emacs.

Is it feasible or useful?

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!