Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:05:29 -0400

    I was almost going to suggest that, or something similar: Add an `X' button
    to (all) mode lines at the far right, which when clicked would delete the
    window. Did you mean something like that (but just for the startup display)?

This is a good idea, in a general way, but I have one concern.
Normally the X to close a window is at the TOP right corner.
If there is an X at the right on a mode line, I think users
might suppose it refers to the window below it.  Then when
it instead deletes the window above the mode line, they
will be surprised.