RE: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:42:42 -0700

> >   Note that you can already resize windows by dragging modelines, so
> > it's a matter of a threshold on window-height before closing one. But
>
> It'd probably be an acceptable option, but only if we can resuscitate
> a window after it disappeared since the user may accidentally move the
> modeline further than she intended.

This is madness. We are going overboard, trying to compensate for things
that we never should have done in the first place. Who will try to close a
window by resizing it to infinitessimal oblivion?

And yes, Stefan is right if we go down that road. Are we going to have a
whole UI dialog to find out whether a user really meant to close the window?
Or allow a special kind of undo for window-closing-by-dragging?

I really think we've gone off the deep end on this. Stefan's choice of
"resuscitate" is telling ;-). Overboard and sinking fast...

(But keep this thread alive... We will look back on this 5 years from now
with nostalgia and amusement.)