Re: 23.0.50; face-problems with multy-tty

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; face-problems with multy-tty
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:15:22 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Johan =?utf-8?Q?Bockg=C3=A5rd?=)
> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 02:00:21 +0200
>
> The case I'm worried about is when you want to reset the faces from
> the init file with `C-x C-e' on the custom-set-faces form (or by

Nobody said that C-x C-e on a custom-set-faces form should do what you
want.  A custom-set-faces form is not a regular Lisp form, as far as
its effects are concerned.  Custom's normal modus operandi is through
"M-x customize-face".

> Note that this is how it already worked before the recent changes.
> custom-set-faces used to operate by changing the new-frame defaults.

Which I think was correct behavior, as far as I understand the issue.

> The problem is that that doesn't distinguish between different kinds
> of frames.

What different kinds of frames are those?