Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:12:18 +0200

Elias Oltmanns <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> since there is a copy of tls.el in gnus but the emacs22 copy is moved to
> lisp/net, I'm not quite sure as to who is ultimately maintaining it.
> Hence, I'm sending this to both lists.

Hi!  Thanks for the patch.  I think it should be installed in both
CVS's, although perhaps tls.el should be removed from the Gnus
repository.  Others on the ding list, which Emacs version does Gnus in
CVS require?  If that emacs version has tls.el, I'm not sure it makes
sense to keep tls.el in the Gnus repository.

> Please find attached a patch (to current gnus trunk) that adds all it
> needs to facilitate the certificate verification features of gnutls-cli
> and openssl.

I did not test it, but it looks good.  Possibly the CA/client
certificate should get its own variable instead?  But that's not
important.

However, we need a copyright assignment to be able to use your patch
since it was over 10 lines of code.  I'll send it privately.

/Simon