Re: messages override minibuffer input

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: messages override minibuffer input
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:48:35 +0200

On Mon Sep 24 2007 Johannes Weiner wrote:
> Right-justified, yes.  And wrapping just the input, not the message?  This
> wouldn't distract the user when a message appeared before the input wraps,
> only when the input has to be wrapped at the moment a message appears.

Do you have in mind that messages are displayed temporarily, and
they disappear after a few seconds, though the minibuffer might
still be active? Or should messages remain visible for the whole
period of time the minibuffer is active? Depending on what one is
doing either way could minimize jitter of the minibuffer. So right
now I do not have a preference in one or the other direction.

If the message does not disappear again, what about multiple
messages? Should they accumulate somehow? That could make the
minibuffer grow significantly. So I would prefer to have not more
than one message being displayed (as usual).

Roland