Re: 23.0.50; face-problems with multy-tty

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; face-problems with multy-tty
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:27:09 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Johan =?utf-8?Q?Bockg=C3=A5rd?=)
> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:06:02 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> From: address@hidden (Johan =?utf-8?Q?Bockg=C3=A5rd?=)
> >
> >> Note that this is how it already worked before the recent changes.
> >> custom-set-faces used to operate by changing the new-frame defaults.
> >
> > Which I think was correct behavior, as far as I understand the issue.
>
> That assumes that all frames are alike. custom-set-faces used to look at
> the current frame and set the same attributes everywhere.

Sorry, I still cannot understand what is the complaint.  It sounds
like the last sentence above:

Says the same as what I said was the correct behavior:

> >> Note that this is how it already worked before the recent changes.
> >> custom-set-faces used to operate by changing the new-frame defaults.
> >
> > Which I think was correct behavior, as far as I understand the issue.

What am I missing?

> >> The problem is that that doesn't distinguish between different kinds
> >> of frames.
> >
> > What different kinds of frames are those?
>
> class color/grayscale/mono; background light/dark; type x/tty/...

You mean, even though there are different customizations for light and
dark background, say, only one of them is used for both background
modes?  Can you show a short recipe to reproduce that?